Friday 4 December 2009

Just one of 'those' days!

Yesterday I had one of those ‘pleased as punch’ moments that returns to ‘punch you on the nose’ moments. Following the usual mad scramble in the morning to get the girls to school, I delivered Tilly to her taxi to attend swimming lessons with her class. I smugly smiled all the way home that such a mission had been accomplished and that it was not even 9.00 am. Still in self-congratulatory mode, the phone rang to tell me that I had left Tilly’s swimming gear in our car! Like a scalded cat I hurled myself back into the car and zoomed back into Leek to deliver the bag.

Rolf was none too pleased!

The rest of the day was spent catching up on jobs at the B&B and the house, in the knowledge that I would soon be off to help out with the refreshments at the Junior High’s Year 8 Parent’s Evening.

Ellen arrived to hold the fort and be with Tilly, as Daddy would be at hockey and ballet with Candice. Everything was working like clockwork, with Michele, the girls’ Godmother, arriving to take me to the school to do the ‘teas’. Feeling rather virtuous I became rather surprised at the parking availability. I could feel a ‘hamlet cigar moment’ emerging as I discovered that the Parent’s Evening is next Thursday!

Rolf was none too pleased!

However, all’s well that ends well, and it certainly did with the welcome return of ‘pizza on da couch’, and a glass of sweet vermouth on ice with a slice of lime.

No comments: